Harvard Square Advisory Committee accepts applications through March 5
Volunteers are wanted for the Harvard Square Advisory Committee, which reviews and comments on land use and development proposals in the Harvard Square Overlay District; conducts large project review consultations; and comments on applications for variances and special permits from the Planning Board and Board of Zoning Appeal, as well as other proposals. The Committee meets approximately monthly or on an as-needed basis.
Members meeting the following qualifications are sought for this committee:
- Architects, attorneys who specialize in zoning, urban planners, architectural historians or landscape architects
- Operators of local or independent businesses within the Harvard Square Overlay District
- Owners of commercial property within the Harvard Square Overlay District
- Residents living within a half-mile of the Harvard Square Overlay District
- Members representing the Harvard Square Neighborhood Association or a neighborhood group representing Harvard Square, institutions owning institutional property in the Harvard Square Overlay District and the Cambridge Historical Commission.
The city welcomes applicants with a diversity of experiences and perspectives, and values those with a desire to positively shape the future of Harvard Square, City Manager Louis A. DePasquale said.
The deadline for submitting applications is March 5. Applications can be submitted to DePasquale using the city’s online application system at cambridgema.gov/apply. Please include a letter explaining why you are interested and a résumé or other description of how you meet one or more of the qualifications above. Paper applications are available through the City Manager’s Office by appointment; call the office at (617) 349-4300 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Serving on a board or commission can be a rewarding experience and an excellent way to contribute to the quality of life of the community in which you live or work. For information, contact Sarah Scott at email@example.com or visit the Harvard Square Advisory Committee webpage.