There won’t be just strollers, runners and skaters along Memorial Drive on Sundays this spring and summer. As requested by residents in a survey last year, there will be food trucks as well.

The city is taking applications from qualified food truck operators through March 19.

The closings along Memorial Drive — and slots for trucks selling freshly prepared food and drinks — are scheduled to last from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. from April 29 through Nov. 11, the city said in a Friday press release. (Oct. 21 isn’t included on its calendar because of the Head of the Charles Regatta taking place that day.)

The trucks will be allowed on one Saturday, as well: June 2, for the Cambridge River Festival.

The city will have on-street parking spaces for vendors on Flagg Street, next to Corporal Burns Park, and on Hingham Street, next to the New Riverside Neighborhood Park. “These locations attract many weekend users, but there are no nearby establishments serving fresh food or beverages to the public,” city officials said in the “mobile food” section of the Community Development Department website.

(Image: City of Cambridge)

At least 80 percent of the food and drinks stocked by the vendor must be freshly prepared, not prepackaged, the city said, and “healthy menu options are encouraged.”

Participating costs a nonrefundable $200, and a Mobile Food Committee will decide who gets the slots.

First, though, they need the first round of applicants to file requests by 8 p.m. March 18. Program details and a downloadable application are at cambridgema.gov/mobilefood, and people with questions are asked to send e-mail to  [email protected].