Access to municipal offices starts easing June 15, followed by masks off and end to appointments
The current timeline for reopening municipal offices now that the coronavirus pandemic has faded was explained Monday to the City Council by City Manager Louis A. DePasquale:
- June 15. Walk-in access to city buildings without appointments begins with Tuesdays and Thursdays; appointments are needed to be in-person on other weekdays.
- June 16. Staff and the public in city buildings and attending city programs can begin following state guidance on masks, meaning vaccinated people are allowed to take their masks off even if within 6 feet of other people. (Currently all staff and visitors are required to wear masks in city buildings.)
- June 22. Walk-in access without appointments at city buildings expands, adding Wednesdays. In-person appointments continue for Mondays and Fridays.
- June 29. Walk-in access without appointments at city buildings expands, adding Mondays. In-person appointments continue on Fridays.
- July 12. City buildings become fully open to walk in and access during regular hours. “In-person appointments will continue to be offered on department-specific schedules,” DePasquale said.
The city will resume permitting for special events and the use of city parks starting June 15. More information on permitting for special events and the use of city parks is here.